I finished these a few weeks ago and then got busy throwing paint on random other things, went to St. George with the family, and completely forgot to post them. This was my first shot at upholstering something and although it's not a perfect job, it didn't turn out as bad as I thought.
I found these one day at Savers in Orem. I went in there looking for a mirror and saw them sitting up high on a shelf. I wasn't quite sure what I'd do with them so I glanced at them and left. Later that night I found a coffee table on Craigslist that I wanted so I had to go back to Orem and found myself at Savers again.
Did I mention I have a thrift store problem?
Anyway, somehow these two chairs and a coffee table can fit into a Honda minivan.
That's pretty impressive.
They definitely had potential. From the looks of it, someone reupholstered them before - because there were two layers of ugly and stains when I started taking the red floral material off.
One down, one to go.
I did most of it with my electric sander. Although the sanding blocks kept the boys busy for quite awhile!
I cut my yard of fabric in half and positioned it over the cushion, moving it around, until I figured out where I wanted it.
Next: I gathered all of my reupholstering necessities in order of importance.
This picture is blurry, but seriously...try pulling as hard as you can on a piece of fabric while taking a picture in manual mode. It's kind of hard. So basically you just tug and pull and staple all the way around that sucker. Corners are a little tricky and mine ended up rippled in some spots but I got over it.